This year I am attempting to do a December Daily Album.
I started with a DCWV Album Made Easy and inked both outside covers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink walnut stain to get the dark brown color you see in the picture above.
For the cover, as previously mentioned, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink walnut stain to get the dark brown color.
The stars are from the two embellishment packs accept for the large red star on the right side which is die cut from a sheet of the paper pad is used for the album.
The trees also came from the embellishment packs I previously mentions. I added two pieces of wood veneer I cut down to serve as the trunks of the red tree and the smaller green tree next to the red one.
The green behind the trees at the bottom is gold washi tape inked over with olive green Stazon. ink.
To get the curve in the word December I laid a large oval die on the book and used the edge to line up my letters.
I had so much fun making the cover for the album that I went on to pre-make the base pages of the album and discovered that with the additional paper and embellishments the gold binding comb on the album wasn’t wide enough. I tried removing some pages, keeping it to at least 25 to make it to Christmas, but there still wasn’t going to be enough room so I removed the original binding and used three binding rings instead.
The binding rings worked great and now I have room to add my pictures more embellishments.
Below are the pages I pre-made for my December Daily 2015 Album.